Henton Village Hall was built in 1999 after several years of fundraising. A Trust deed (which was enacted in 1995) proposed to manage and run the Hall, which would replace the old wooden "Hut" which had stood on the site since about 1933. This was connected to the church who were joint Trustees. However, the church gave up any link when the new hall was built. A plaque in the foyer still refers to the hall by its familiar name: "The Hut". The new hall was opened in 1999, even though the weather cock that was placed on top shows 2000...it was clearly ahead of its time!
On the walls of the main hall, there are a selection of photos of people, events and scenes from Henton, Yarley and Bleadney in days gone by.
The spacious main hall can hold over 120 people seated, but also has the height to cope with such things as badminton, and the length for short mat bowls. Since its opening the hall has been in regular use by many clubs and societies that enjoy this well lit, warm and friendly venue. It is regularly chosen by national societies such as the National Trust and regional groups like Mendip Ramblers, to hold key meetings.
The hall is used by the Parish Church of Christ Church as the venue for their outreach Sunday Breakfast Service which is a regular monthly meeting to allow the whole community to come together for a time of fellowship by sharing a free breakfast.
The hall is a Registered Charity (No 1050967). It is run by a committee of Trustees who are drawn from regular user groups as well as volunteers who may have special skills.